Residential conversion of a Listed C17 building
Penenden Heath Developments appointed PJMA to undertake the technical and detailed design of this project, comprising of 7 apartments within the refurbished Grade II Listed building and two new-build houses in the rear courtyard.
Parts of the existing building were built of a timber frame dating from 1663. PHD completed the refurbishment with great care and to a very high standard. This has ensured that the original elements of the timber frame are clearly expressed, imbuing the development with plenty of character.
Works to the rear of the building included the removal of a later section of the original buildings, provision of a new external stair, landscaped courtyard and construction of the new-build houses against the existing boundary walls.